mardi 17 juin 2014

Jamelia: My violent ex could have killed me but I've forgiven him for beating me to the ground

Jamelia has revealed that she's forgiven the boyfriend who used to beat her.
The singer, 32, was regularly hit and emotionally abused during her 3-year relationship with a violent ex but refuses to let the painful memories affect her anymore.
'I'll never regret leaving my ex, but the strange thing is he and I are now friends. I've 100% forgiven him,' says Jamelia.
'I think he was stupid and cowardly for making me suffer, but if I was to hold a grudge against him for the rest of my life then I wouldn't be able to move on with my life and I'm so happy right now.'
Jamelia admits that she cut herself off from her family while with her abusive partner and would often have to act upbeat during interviews despite being 'beaten to the ground only hours earlier'.
The mum-of-two went on to marry footballer Darren Byfield but they split in 2007 and she's now happily focusing on her new position as a Loose Women panellist.
'I was only 18 when the abuse started. It was also a very successful time for me. If I had a split lip or a bruise I could conceal it with make-up or an excuse,' Jamelia tells the Daily Mirror.
'He could've killed me, of course. The scariest thing was leaving. The psychological fear is much worse than being hit.
'When I left I thought: "Oh no, he's definitely going to get me back for this," and that didn't happen. He realised that impact he'd had.'



0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Buy Coupons تعريب : ق,ب,م